- Company: Cactus Communications
- Experience: 6 months - 2 years
- Studies: Bachelor
- Category: Other
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: Over 1.000.000 / month (USh)
Cactus Communications is a leading provider of scientific communication services to more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries.
We engage a team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. CACTUS is honoured to be ranked 15th (after a screening of more than 40,000 companies) on FlexJobs' 2016 list of Top 100 Companies for Remote/Freelance Jobs.
We are currently looking to hire Editors on a full time work-from-home basis in the Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering, and Humanities and Social Sciences.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
· Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
· Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly
· Meet deadlines
· Receive training to become adept at the points mentioned above
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY
· Flexibility. You can telecommute from anywhere in Uganda.
· You will receive training to become adept at editing.
· You will have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
· At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
WHAT YOU NEED
· A Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in any sub-specialization of medicine, life sciences, physical sciences, engineering or the humanities/social sciences
· Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
· Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint